Sunday, July 24, 2011

Delicious dishes that are kind!

The last few days have been a new experience for me. I have been experimenting in the kitchen with spices, egg replacer, coconut milk and soy chocolate chips (not all in the one dish of course!). One delicious creation I came up with was my Dalmation Cake Bars

I bought a 89c Woolworths Homebrand Vanilla Cake Mix (which is a cheap vegan bargain!). I substituted the milk with the same amount of light coconut milk and the egg with egg replacer. I then added 1/2 a bag of Sweet Williams Dairy Free Chocolate Chips then mixed it all together. Then I put the mixture into a greased rectangle cake tin, sprinkled some extra chocolate chips on top and baked in a gas oven for about 30 minutes. When it was cooked and cooled I cut it into bars.

The finished product was morish and delicious!!! I couldn't stop at one piece and I could not believe it was vegan.

Have a veggie good day and keep warm! (Because its bloody freezing in Adelaide at the moment!)

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment